You can find all the documents relating to this matter here until October 25.
What is happening:
- Catherine Park House will become a land sales office with a yearly application required to keep it for this use.
- The recent heritage classification for Catherine Park House means the area belonging directly to the House will be slightly reduced in size. However, the green areas as parkland will still remain with sightlines to the coach house and those buildings beside Catherine Park House will be single storey on 700sqm lots.
- Robbins Lane, which currently runs to Catherine Park House will now be turned into a walking path and there will be increasing housing density either side. This increased density will take the form of attached dwellings (terraces and townhouses) to run along the length of the pathway.
- The increased density allowed for Robbins lane will also extend to other areas in the estate around some of the parks and other amenities of Catherine Park (main roads, access to public transport and shops). Townhouses and terraces will be allowed around the park areas and along some of the main thoroughfares. The result is an increase of around 23 houses.
- The developers have now acquired land that was owned in small parcels and this has allowed for a redevelopment of the area beside the intersection of Camden Valley Way and Oran Park Drive. Roads have been changed and a park made more central to the area.
- There have been some changes to the green areas along the river corridors
Address submissions to:
Louise McMahon – Strategic Planning.
Phone: (02) 4654 7805.
Address: The General Manager, Camden Council, P0 Box 183, Camden, NSW, 2570.
Fax: (02) 4654 7829.